We respect everyone’s right to express their thoughts and opinions, and encourage constructive dialogue among members on our social media pages.
However, to keep a positive experience for our audience, we reserve the right to remove messages, contributions and followers and to take down photos, comments and other material we consider offensive or unproductive or that break the rules stated below.
Users of Hutt City Council social media pages should not:
- Use inappropriate, disrespectful, rude or abusive language
- Post, comment or share hateful or discriminatory comments toward any person or group.
- Post, comment or share anything containing sexually explicit or objectionable content.
- Post comment or share unsolicited advertising, marketing or spam or violate copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Advertise third-party products or services.
- Post comment or share attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual or a group.
- Post, comment or share any personal details (including names), photos and videos of people taken without prior consent.
- Impersonate another person or group.
We welcome all questions and commentary, including constructive feedback.
We don’t take decisions on moderating lightly, but we do expect that your posts are both relevant and respectful to our community as a whole.
We do not monitor our social media pages outside of business hours, but if you need to contact us urgently please call Council 24/7 on 04 570 6666. Otherwise, we'll reply once we're back in the office Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
Our social media accounts
Our main Hutt City Council accounts are: