Join a local club
Lower Hutt has a huge number of clubs with a diversity of options for all ages. Whether you’re school-aged or retired, keen to walk with others or looking for an archery group, we can help you find it.
Use our Sport Link service to help you find a club
Are you keen to try a new activity but don’t know where to look?
Hutt City Council has a free Sport Link service that lets you enquire about a particular activity.
Contact us and we’ll do our best to connect you with the nearest club or group that might best suit you. If you’re a secondary school leaver and wanting to know where to head after college sport, or an adult who has relocated, or looking to get back into social sport then please get in touch.
Contact Sport Link through:
T: 04 560 0310
Our A-Z of clubs
What kind of local clubs does Lower Hutt have?
Have a look at our directory for some ideas before you get in touch.
You’ll find everything from athletics to climbing, rock and roll dancing, diving, golf, rugby and Zumba.
We're working to create a number of sports ‘villages’ or communities around Lower Hutt, making it easier for sports clubs to:
- attract new members
- offer new programmes
- control operational costs by pooling resources.
Three Sportsvilles are already established in Petone, Fraser Park and Wainuiomata with another hub in Eastbourne being considered.
The focus is on collaboration, not amalgamation. Each club still retains its history and identity, now within a strong and supportive network.
Since the launch of the project in September 2009, we’re already seeing many positive outcomes, including:
- Three new incorporated societies have been established as new entities to represent and support founding members.
- Sports clubs are looking at better ways of sharing their facilities.
- Fraser Park is embarking on an ambitious building project that will provide a regional amenity for sport participation.
- Wainuiomata and Petone are completing feasibility studies and planning work to determine the needs of their communities.
Read more about our Sportsville projects