With 27 hectares of land, Fraser Park is used for sports like rugby, rugby league, football, touch football, cricket, kilikiti (Samoan cricket) and softball.
There’s an artificial sports turf with floodlights, two lime-based skin diamonds, an artificial surface diamond and a fully-fenced, floodlit synthetic hockey turf, managed by the Wellington Regional Hockey Stadium Trust.
As well as everyday sports games and activities, the park is regularly used for local, regional and national tournaments, events and festivals.
Our facilities include:
- Open fields for activities and sport
- A full-sized synthetic sports surface
- Toilets and changing rooms
- Easy access and free parking
- Food stall on site.
Ricoh Sports Centre
The Ricoh Sports Centre will be a regionally significant precinct for sport, recreation and other community activities, when completed in December 2018.
- Stage one - development was completed in 2015 and included three new softball diamonds, a floodlit synthetic multisport surface and landscaping.
- Stage two - the construction of a multi-sport facility is underway and will include: six squash courts, indoor training space, admin offices and meeting facilities, eight changing rooms, a café and viewing decks.
The revitalisation of Fraser Park is a partnership between the Hutt City Community Facilities Trust (CFT), Hutt City Council (HCC) and Fraser Park Sportsville (FPS).
The centre will be managed and operated by Fraser Park Sportsville - for more information see www.fpsportsville.org.nz
Make your mark on Fraser Park
Leave your legacy at Fraser Park by sponsoring an engraved brick or paver to line the front entrance of the facility.
Fraser Park Sportsville
The Sportsville model allows community and sporting groups to share improved facilities with centralised management. The founding clubs are:
Finding Fraser Park
Fraser Park is eight minutes drive from central Lower Hutt. You can access Fraser Park from Harcourt Werry Drive, Percy Cameron Street, or Taita Drive. The park is within 50 metres of the Hutt River and walkway and is on the bus route, with a bus stop on Taita Drive side of the Park.
Our opening hours
Fraser Park is open all day, every day, all year round.
Make a booking
Ground maintenance and hire is managed by Downer Ltd. For booking and cancellation enquiries phone 021 541 890
To book the artificial turf, contact the Sportsville Operations Manager on 04 560 0339 or 022 183 2705.