Get to know Huia Pool
Open all year round and centrally located, we’ve got aquatic facilities and we are the home of the Swim City Swim School. We have a no exceptions policy and welcome people of all abilities.
- A 25m Main pool with a movable floor - ladder access
- A Learners’ pool heated to 32° - ramp access
- Private and poolside spas
- An outdoor playground and outdoor toddler's pool (open on fine days between December and March)
- A meeting room for hire
- An action-packed aquatic activities schedule, including aqua jogging and liquid fitness classes
- A tog shop – check out the latest in swimwear and swim equipment
- Shower and changing room available for families and persons with disabilities
T: 04 570 6655
F: 04 570 6656
Our location, opening hours, pool closures
- Monday 23 - Friday 27: Both pools closed 10am - 12pm
- Monday 30 - Tuesday 31: Both pools closed 10am - 12pm
- Wednesday 1 - Thursday 2: Both pools closed 10am - 12pm
- Tuesday 7 - Friday 10: Both pools closed 10am - 12pm
- Monday 13 - Sunday 19: Both pools closed 10am - 12pm
- Monday 20 - Friday 24: Both pools closed 10am - 12pm
- Friday 1: Main pool closed 9.30am - 12pm, Learners pool open all day
- 4-31: complex closed for annual pool maintenance
Main pool normal opening hours (please check for pool closures)
- Monday and Wednesday: 6am - 8pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 6am - 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 6pm
Note: The Main pool is used for lane swimming, aqua jogging and programmed activities.
During the school holidays, the Main pool floor will be moved to 1.2m at 9.30am - 5pm, unless specified in pool closures schedule.
During the school term, the Main pool is used for swimming lessons between 3.30pm and 6pm on weekdays and 8am - 12pm Saturdays. There is limited space for lane swimming and aqua jogging during this time.
There is limited free play area 8am - 12noon Sundays. Free-play time is programmed into the Main pool (3 lanes wide) during 12pm - 4.30pm on weekends. All other times free-play area is designated in the Learners' Pool, ie. no free-play area in the Main pool. Please check free-play times for the Learners' Pool.
Aqua jogging hours (please check for pool closures)
- Monday - Friday: 6am - 7pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 6pm
Note: During the school term, there is limited space from 3pm - 6pm weekdays and all day on weekends. Aqua jogging is for adults only. Please call the pool office for the best times to aqua jog. Please also note pool closures below.
Learners’ pool normal opening hours (please check for pool closures)
- Monday and Wednesday: 6.30am - 8pm
- Tuesday: 6.30am - 6.20pm
- Thursday and Friday: 6.30am - 7pm
- Saturday:12pm - 6pm
- Sunday: 8am - 6pm
Note: During the school term, the Learners' pool is used for swimming lessons between 3.30pm and 6pm on weekdays, 6pm-8pm Wednesdays, 8am-12pm; Sundays, there is limited space for free-play area during this time and NO free-play area during 8am-12pm on Saturdays.
Liquid Fitness (Aqua aerobics)
Monday and Wednesday: 7.05pm - 7.50pm
Fees and charges
A healthy way to keep the whole family entertained. Swim on a casual basis or buy a concession pass – or try some of our other activities and facilities. Look up our fees and charges.
Hiring the pool after hours
A great idea for your next corporate or social function. Rates start from as little as $95 an hour, including trained lifeguards. Spa pools are only available during normal pool hours.
Call us on 04 570 6655 to book for your next water-themed occasion!
Book this pool | View the fees
Keeping safe – the pool rules
Safety in and around the water is vital. As a caregiver it’s your responsibility to keep your children safe.
What are my pool safety responsibilities?
All children under the age of eight must be actively supervised by a caregiver 16 years of age or over.
Actively supervised means:
- Watching your children at all times
- Being able to provide immediate assistance
Where to find us
We’re located on Huia Street in central Lower Hutt, attached to the Hutt Recreation Ground.