Or stay dry and work out at our fitness suite.
Get to know Naenae Pool
This indoor 50m pool is split into two 25m pools. We have a 110m enclosed waterslide called the Zoomtube and the DropZone – a twin racer slide with a vertical drop of 5m all used in Funzone!
There’s also 'Funzone', the activity time which runs in the school holidays and weekends between 12 - 3.30pm. Book for birthday parties or social events or make the school holidays fun with aqua-adventure courses. Something for everyone!
Please Note: Bookings are essential for birthday parties during public hours. Tables are set aside and reserved for parties that book in. To book please call or email the pool directly. Read our birthday party policy.
Our facilities include:
- Seminar rooms
- Aqua jogging and aquarobics
- Adult programmes
- Holiday programmes – kayaking, snorkelling or water safety, and more
- Learn to Swim programme with Swim City
- A Learners’ pool
- A tog shop – great prices and a great range of swimwear
- An unlimited ‘funzone’ in weekends and school holidays from 12noon – 3.30pm $6 for entry and an unlimited pass gives access to the Zoomtube, ropes course, Drop Zone and diving board
- Our fitness suite
T: 04 567 5043
F: 04 567 5356
Swim City: 04 567 0043
- Saturday 29 August: Full facility closed from midday | NZ Canoe Polo Tournament
- Sunday 30 August: Full facility closed until 2pm | NZ Canoe Polo Tournament
- Saturday 5 August: Deep end closed from 2pm | Swimzone Swimming meet
- Saturday 12 September: Deep end closed from 10am. Main pool closed from 4pm | Underwater hockey Tournament and Swim Meet
- Saturday 10 September: Full facility closed. Learn to Swim lessons will still run in the Learners' pool as normal | Solstice Canoe Polo tournament
- September 20 September: Full facility closed | Solstice Canoe Polo Tournament
- Friday 2 October: Full facility closes at 11am | NZ Inter-Regional Canoe Polo Tournament
- Saturday 3 - Sunday 4 October: Ful facility closed | NZ Inter-Regional Canoe Polo Tournament
- Saturday 10 October: Main pool closes at 3.30pm | Swimming Wellington meet
- Saturday 17 October: Deep end closed 10.30am-4pm. Main pool closed from 4pm | Underwater Hockey Tournament and Swimming Wellington meet
Main pool hours
We’re open every day of the week at the following times:
- Monday: 6am - 4pm**
- Tuesday, Friday: 6am - 8pm
- Wednesday, Thursday 6am - 7.30pm
- Saturday: 9am - 6pm
- Sunday: 8am - 6pm
*There is no play swimming in the main pool from 4pm Monday to Friday.
**Main pool open until 8pm in the school holidays
Learners’ pool hours
- Monday: 9am - 6pm*
- Tuesday*, Thursday*, Friday: 9am - 8pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
- Saturday: 12noon - 6pm**
- Sunday 9am - 6pm
* There will be limited play space in the Learners' pool due to Learn to Swim lessons between 3.30-6pm.
** Learners' pool open from 9am - 6pm on Saturdays in school holidays and whenever Learn to Swim lessons are not scheduled and on Mondays until 8pm in the school holidays.
Weekends / School Holidays: 12pm - 3.30pm
The 1m Diving Board will be out of action for the forseeable future. An update will be posted when a decision has been made regarding a potential replacement.
Lane swimming hours
- Monday: 6am - 4pm
- Tuesday, Friday: 6am - 8pm*
- Wednesday, Thursday 6am - 7.30pm*
- Saturday: 9am - 6pm
- Sunday: 8am - 6pm
*Please note between the hours of 4pm and 6.30pm there is limited lane swimming space and no play swimming in the Main pool.
Aqua jogging hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 6am - 4pm
- Wednesday: 6am - 4pm
- Saturday: 10am - 4pm**
- Sunday: 12pm - 2pm**
Aqua jogging changes:
- 15 August: 10am - 12.30pm
- 16 August: No Aqua jogging
- 22 August: 12pm - 2pm
- 23, 29 and 30 August: No Aqua jogging
- 5 September: 10am - 2pm
- 6 September: 1pm - 4pm
- 12 September: No Aqua jogging
- 13 September: 1pm - 4pm
- 19, 20 September: No Aqua jogging
- 22 September: 10am - 4pm
- 27 September: 11am - 4pm
- 2 October: 6am - 11am
- 3, 4 October: No Aqua jogging
- 10 October: 10am - 3.30pm
** Subject to change. Please check with the pool office
Liquid Fitness (aquarobics) hours
Low impact workout ideal for toning
Tuesdays: 7pm - 7.45pm
Thursdays: 6.45pm - 7.30pm
Low impact workout ideal for fitness and wellbeing
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9.30am - 10.30am
Fees and charges
A healthy way to keep the whole family entertained. Swim on a casual basis or buy a concession pass – or try some of our other activities and facilities. Look up our fees and charges.
Hiring the pool
Whether it’s a birthday party, a corporate or social function, what better than some fun in the water? We even have two seminar rooms for hire. Call us on 04 567 5043 to find out about capacity and facilities of these rooms and book for your next water-themed occasion!
Spaces are limited for the remainder of 2015 – please contact the pool for available dates.
How much does hireage cost after hours?
When you book our facilities after hours, you get the use of pool facilities and Zoomtube, diving boards, BBQ and aqua toys. There’s an additional hourly cost of $50 for the ropes course and aquarun.
Hireage costs - $180 per hour
How much does it cost to hire the seminar room, and what’s included?
The seminar room includes a kitchen, toilet facilities, TV and video and whiteboard.
- $20 per hour
- $90 per day
- $360 for five days
Book this pool | View the fees
Keeping safe – the pool rules
Safety in and around the water is vital. As a caregiver it’s your responsibility to keep your children safe.
What are my pool safety responsibilities?
All children under the age of eight must be actively supervised by a caregiver 16 years of age or over.
Actively supervised means:
- Watching your children at all times
- Being able to provide immediate assistance
Our location and opening hours
Take a look at the list of public holidays for 2015 and if it'll affect your pool.
Where to find us
We’re located on Everest Avenue in Naenae.