Getting to know Lions Park
You'll find this marine-themed, ship-shaped playground tucked in behind dunes in the middle of the Petone Foreshore, with a number of other attractions on offer for people of all ages.
Lions Park is named after the Petone Lions because of the ongoing support the park has received from them. It’s one of many parks that make up the Petone Foreshore.
Finding Lions Park
You’ll find Lions Park on the Petone Foreshore, located at the intersection of The Esplanade and Marine Parade with a rear entrance near Jessie Street.
From running to sunbathing and everything in between, including:
- A marine-themed playground with slides, roundabouts, swings and climbers
- Picnic facilities overlooking Petone beach
- A lunch shop in the Lions Kiosk
- A model railway next to the playground
- Public toilets
- Beach access
- Walkways through to Hikoikoi Scenic Reserve
Our opening hours
The Lions Park playground is open all day, every day, all year round.
Lunch shop hours
Monday - Friday | 8am – 4pm
Sunday | 10am – 5pm
Make a booking
Get in touch with us to make a booking.