Getting to know Lions Park
Tucked in behind the dunes, you'll find this marine-themed, ship-shaped playground in the middle of the Petone Foreshore. It has a number of attractions on offer for people of all ages.
Lions Park is named after the Petone Lions because of the ongoing support they have given the park. It’s one of many parks that make up the Petone Foreshore.
Finding Lions Park
You’ll find Lions Park on the Petone Foreshore, at the intersection of The Esplanade and Marine Parade, with a rear entrance near Jessie Street.
From running to sunbathing and everything in between, including:
- A marine-themed playground with slides, roundabouts, swings and climbers
- Picnic facilities overlooking Petone beach
- A lunch shop in the Lions Kiosk
- A miniature railway next to the playground that provides rides for the general public. Run by the Hutt Valley Model Engineering Society.
- Public toilets
- Beach access
- Walkways through to Hikoikoi Scenic Reserve
Lions Park is completely smokefree, along with many of our other public spaces. Please don't smoke in any area of the park.
Our opening hours
The Lions Park playground is open all day, every day, all year round.
Lunch shop hours
Monday to Friday: 8am – 4pm
Sunday: 10am – 5pm
Make a booking
Get in touch with us to make a booking.