Getting to know Percy Scenic Reserve
With a mix of garden areas, tracks and lawns, this park offers a mix of recreation and amenity horticulture in a compact location, handy from State Highway 2.
It’s unique! The reserve has links to the earliest settlement in our area, with historic plant collections of scientific significance, and it plays an active role in preserving New Zealand’s plants.
Pack a picnic, take a walk and enjoy the birdlife.
Percy Scenic Reserve is completely smokefree. No dogs are allowed in the park, and it’s not suitable for mountain biking.
Finding Percy Scenic Reserve
You’ll find Percy Scenic Reserve at 5 Dowse Drive, Maungaraki. You can drive or get there on bus 150 from Queensgate.
The reserve offers:
- Gardens in a park/native bush setting
- Open lawns for picnics, passive events and photographs
- 45 free car parks and two free coach parks off Dowse Drive
- Bush walking tracks of varying grades and lengths, accessible from Dowse Drive, Stanhope Grove and Korokoro Road
- Regenerating gullies and endangered plant collection
- Ornamental replica mill waterwheel
- Weta cave
- Covered picnic tables
- Public toilets
- Connecting tracks to Ratanui, the previous homestead of Sir James Hector
- Links to Frank Cameron Park
Our opening hours
Percy Scenic Reserve is open all day, every day, all year round. The car park is open from dawn to dusk every day.
Make a booking
Get in touch with us to make a booking.