This park is only a few minutes from the Walter Nash Centre. It is behind the houses between Reynolds Street and Molesworth Street, down to Tocker Street in the south. There are entrances in Reynolds Street, Molesworth Street and Tocker Street.
Walter Nash Park upgrade
During June and July 2017, the 3.75-hectare space will undergo a $300,000 upgrade. The upgrade will modernise the area and encourage people to return to what was once a popular and well-used recreational area.
Where are we at?
Work in the first stage will include:
- a new footpath across the park linking Molesworth Street and Reynolds Street
- two new footpaths around the park, including one through fruit trees at the northern end of the park and another behind the former bowling club in the centre of the park
- improvements to both entrances
- demolition of a disused toilet block by the old bowling greens and part of a storage shed by the former bowling greens
- removal of overgrown greenery to reveal the full extent of the grounds.
in addition, Waimarie Croquet Club is moving to the former bowling club, converting the greens to croquet lawns.
Find out more