The Korokoro Environmental Group (KEG) advocates for and protects Korokoro’s environment.
The group’s main activities include:
- Working on restoring and sustaining bush reserves by weeding and planting
- Undertaking pest monitoring in Korokoro Valley with the Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC)
- Making submissions and advocating on local and regional council plans, strategies and policies
- Running and supporting community information sessions.
- Supporting the Envirogroup at Korokoro School.
They've also led community opposition to the proposed Petone Grenada link road which would destroy or harm the Korokoro Valley environment.
Find out more
Check out the KEG website.