What you can do to reduce your emissions
There are lots of things you can be doing to reduce your emissions – use these resources to help you get started.
Your carbon footprint
- Try the CoGo App to find out your carbon footprint in real-time and discover easy ways to reduce your footprint.
- Or try out carbon footprint calculator tools at Toitū EnviroCare or FutureFit, to measure your carbon footprint and how to reduce it.
- Want to know more about our city’s and region’s carbon footprint? Go to Lower Hutt’s 2050 Emissions Calculator to see what we need to do together to meet our 2050 zero carbon target.
Energy and transport
- At Gen Less, you can learn more about how to live, travel and work in climate-friendly ways.
- Switching from fossil fuels to renewable energy (eg. gas to electricity or solar) for heating and cooking can improve the energy efficiency of your home while helping reduce energy use. Hutt City Council offers free advice on how to improve the energy and carbon efficiency of your home.
- Visit the Metlink website for details on how you can travel around the city and region using public transport.
- Our cycleways and shared paths can help you get around if you’re choosing active transport.