Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce
We support the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce to provide you with free expert business advice, guidance and training, and operate an active network-building programme.
For networking and business events see the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce events page.
We work with our regional partners at WellingtonNZ (formerly WREDA) to develop the Wellington region into an internationally competitive economy.
WellingtonNZ is the regional economic development agency for the lower North Island, combining the economic development activities of Wellington City Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council to advance the prosperity and liveability of the Wellington region.
Grow your capability
WellingtonNZ's business support team can help you access tools, information and professional advice to build your capability.
As a key member of the Regional Business Partner Network, they can help you with the following topics:
- business strategy and planning
- finance, cashflow and accounting
- governance and advisory functions
- raising capital and investment
- business structure
- marketing, branding, communications and sales
- market validation and development
- intellectual property
- product development strategy
- tendering, procurement and negotiation
- team and culture
- business process improvement.
The Jackson Street Programme
Businesses on and near Jackson Street in Petone can be part of the Jackson Street Programme.
The programme is made up of business owners on Jackson Street and its aims are to:
- continue to grow the profile of Jackson Street through street activities and promotions
- Promote Jackson Street as a destination
- Attract like-minded businesses to the street and retain them
- Advocate for the street’s business owners
- Assist in the development of a strong sense of community co‐operation and belonging.
Te Atiawa and the Wellington Tenths Trust
We work closely with our local mana whenua Te Atiawa and the Wellington Tenths Trust, which looks after Maori reserve lands in and around Lower Hutt, for the long-term planning and development of Lower Hutt.
The Sustainable Business Network
We support the Sustainable Business Network, which helps local businesses and organisations reach their goals by organising networking events and sustainable business workshops. The Sustainable Business Network has a wealth of sustainability knowledge, information and inspiration, and you can be a part of it.
More organisations that can help
There are many other organisations that can help investors and businesses looking for help to grow, including: