We have a committed family of partners and strong networks who all contribute to highly skilled and productive businesses and a strong economy.
Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce
We support the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce to provide you with free expert business advice, guidance and training, and operate an active network-building programme.
For networking and business events see the events page on the Hutt Valley Chamber of Commerce website.
We work with our regional partners at WREDA to develop the Wellington region to be an internationally competitive economy.
WREDA keeps a list of networking groups and meetups for the Wellington region - a great source of information if you're planning the next steps for your business.
If you're looking to grow your business, read WREDA's information on the kinds of support you can access. You can get support through the Regional Business Partnership (RBP) Network. WREDA's advisors can help your business identify gaps and develop the management capability to grow, particularly in key commercial areas like:
- business strategy and planning
- finance, cashflow and accounting
- governance and advisory functions
- raising capital and investment
- business structure
- marketing, branding, communications and sales
- market validation and development
- intellectual property
- product development strategy
- tendering, procurement and negotiation
- team and culture
- business process improvement.
Together with the region’s other city councils, central government, and local businesses, we are doing our bit towards the Wellington Regional Strategy, a 20-year sustainable growth strategy for the greater Wellington region.
The Jackson Street Programme
Businesses in and around Jackson Street in Petone can be part of the Jackson Street Programme.
The Jackson Street Programme is made up of business owners on Jackson Street and its aims are to:
- Continue to grow the profile of Jackson Street through street activities and promotions
- Promote Jackson Street as a destination
- Attract like-minded businesses to the street and retain them
- Advocate for the street’s business owners
- Assist in the development of a strong sense of community co‐operation and belonging
Te Atiawa and the Wellington Tenths Trust
We work closely with our local mana whenua Te Atiawa and the Wellington Tenths Trust, which looks after Maori reserve lands in and around Lower Hutt, for the long-term planning and development of Lower Hutt.
The Sustainable Business Network
We support the Sustainable Business Network, which helps local businesses and organisations reach their goals by organising networking events and sustainable business workshops. The Sustainable Business Network has a wealth of sustainability knowledge, information and inspiration, and you can be a part of it!
There are many other organisations that help investors and businesses seeking assistance to grow, including: