Hutt City Council is committed to working with industry leaders on the continued growth of Lower Hutt into one of New Zealand’s leading export and economic growth centres, based on science, technology, engineering, mathematics and manufacturing (STEMM). Hutt STEMM Festival offers a diverse programme of events and activities in many different STEMM areas, to enthuse, entertain and educate.
The Hutt STEMM Festival showcases the Hutt Valley's STEMM strengths and invites other stakeholders and businesses to get involved to help make it successful.
- Increase the profile of our city as a science and technology ‘hub’
- Celebrate science, technology, engineering, mathematics and manufacturing
- Showcase the innovation and high tech manufacturing champions of Hutt Valley
- Provide teachers and schools with the tools to encourage students to study and up skill in these industries
- Create an environment that businesses can network with each other and share their latest research, projects and ideas
About the Festival
The festival showcases a diverse programme of events and activities.
Each year we invite industry leaders to take part and share their knowledge and expertise by creating events and activities that show their strengths to our community. The programme is aimed at business, schools and the community.
Why a Hutt STEMM Festival?
The science, technology, engineering, mathematics and manufacturing sectors are high growth, high knowledge and high yield industries. Our region is already a nationwide leader in this field, and we're home to many internationally recognised businesses.
Lower Hutt currently has:
- $421 million of GDP accounted for in high and medium technology business
- The 4th largest number of people in New Zealand employed in medium-high tech manufacturing
- One crown research institute, one innovation quarter and two tertiary institutions
- More than 3800 full-time employees in more than 897 businesses in the high and medium technology sector
- 115 hectares of land zoned industrial-commercial, the largest in the Wellington region
- A dedicated multi-agency initiative, Technology Valley Development Group, supporting the vision and growth of STEMM in Lower Hutt
- Council's own Hutt Science initiative, which focuses on engaging and enthusing young people about science and technology
- A new Sector Development Manager STEMM employed by Council to enhance the profile of STEMM industry in Lower Hutt
Find out more on the Hutt STEMM Festival website or contact the STEMM team on firstname.lastname@example.org.