Our Smokefree Outdoor Public Places Policy (PDF 296.1 KB) is helping raise a smokefree generation by making smoking less visible in our public places where young people spend their time.
This also applies to e-cigarettes (vaping) because we want to raise a vapefree generation as well. Areas that are smokefree are vapefree too.
Businesses supporting a smokefree Lower Hutt
- Queensgate Shopping Centre is proud to be smokefree, and has taken action promoting its outdoor spaces as smokefree, making the Queensgate experience even better for customers and retailers.
- Medical Practices and Dental Centres across Lower Hutt are supporting a smokefree Lower Hutt by putting up signs outside their practice.
- Stokes Valley New World is committed to a smokefree Scott Court. Scott Court has been designated as smokefree and vapefree and was the first smokefree town centre in our region.
The workplace is an ideal place to spread the smokefree message, help smokers quit, and create a supportive smokefree environment.
The WellPlace website managed by the Health Promotion Agency (HPA) and is a mine of smokefree information for workplaces including:
- how to provide a smokefree environment
- the benefits of a smokefree workplace
- smoking costs
- smokefree benefits.