Congratulations to Archie. Winner of the 2019-2020 HCCdogstar competition.
- Comment on Facebook with a photo of your pup
- Use the hashtag: #HCCdogstar
You and your pup need to be living in Lower Hutt to be eligible. Only currently registered dogs will be considered.
What can you win?
There are two great prizes up for grabs:
- The opportunity for your pup to be the face of the 2019 dog registration campaign
- and a free photoshoot and selection of photos from Jo Moore Photography!
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Animal Services, Hutt City Council, 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
- The competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or any other social media channel.
- Entry is open to Lower Hutt residents who have a postal address in the Lower Hutt region.
- The following are ineligible for entry or receipt of a prize:
- all employees of HCC and their family members
- Entry to the competition will be open between Monday 1 April and Friday 12 April (“competition period”). Entries outside of the competition period will not be accepted.
Prizes & notification of winning
- Winning photos will be decided by a HCC judging panel and will be selected from photos submitted by eligible entrants during the competition period. HCC decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified via the method in which they submitted their photo (i.e. Instagram, Facebook or email).
- Winners may be required to provide their name and contact details. Name and any related comments may be used in any advertising or publicity, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Entry into the competition is deemed to be consent and authorisation
- Winners and their dog need to be available for a photoshoot at a time of the photographer and HCC reps choosing.
- Prizes will be arranged and sent by Wednesday 1 May if all relevant information has been received by HCC.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be extended, substituted or exchanged in part or full.
- Prizes will be as stated on the competition webpage on HCC website explaining the details of the competition. If for any reason a stated prize is not available, HCC reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of a similar value to that winner.
- HCC accepts no responsibility for entries not received within the competition period. Proof of completion or entry is not proof of receipt.
- Eligible entries will be verified in accordance to these Terms and Conditions. HCC reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who tampers with the entry process or is found to be cheating. Errors and omissions will only be accepted at HCC’s discretion.
- Personal information supplied by participants to HCC will be dealt with in accordance with all applicable laws in New Zealand, including the Privacy Act 1993. HCC, and not Instagram or Facebook, collects participants’ personal information.
- Participants acknowledge that both Instagram and Facebook are public platforms. Information posted, or activity, on HCC’s Instagram and Facebook page, such as tagging, posting, commenting on or sharing any of HCC’s posts may become publicly available.
- Information provided by participants will be held and used for the purposes of conducting this competition (which may include publicising any winner as well as current and future advertising, promotion and/or marketing by HCC (and as otherwise set out in HCC Privacy Statement). Participants warrant that they have obtained all the requisite consents to supply HCC with the relevant personal information in order to enter the competition.
- By entering the Competition, participants’ warrant that they have obtained the consent of each person included in the Photo to:
- the participant posting the Photo on Instagram or Facebook, emailing or mailing it to HCC; and
- to HCC using and publishing the Photo for advertising, promotion and/or any other purposes of HCC.
- By entering the Competition, participants grant HCC a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use the Photo for advertising, promotion and/or any other purposes of HCC.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, all participants release and indemnify, Instagram, Facebook and HCC (including its officers, employees and agents) from any and all direct or indirect loss (including loss of opportunity), damage or injury suffered or arising in connection with the competition or any prize except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or any computer system, phone line or mobile, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature as a result of accessing Instagram, Facebook or email (whether or not under HCC’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by HCC) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of HCC;
- the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information;
- any winner of the competition that cannot be contacted or who fails to respond, including, but not limited to, emails not received or marked as spam, or failure of phone line/mobile and related services; or
- use of a prize.
- Participants must comply with all requirements of HCC including requirements specified in these Terms and Conditions. HCC may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an participant invalid if the participant:
- fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to HCC’s satisfaction;
- tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition;
- submits an entry which in HCC’s opinion is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, embarrass, threaten or harass any other person; or
- in the opinion of HCC, engages in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, spamming or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or HCC.
- HCC reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of HCC which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, HCC may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- HCC may at any time, modify or alter the competition or any aspect of the competition without prior notice. Notification of such modifications will be posted on the Animal Services Facebook Page, the Hutt City Council Facebook page and the HCC website.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition should be directed to HCC by emailing email@example.com.
- This competition is subject to New Zealand law.