COVID-19 information

Building and resource consents

We’re here to help you to do things the right way and get all the information you need.

You can now save time and apply for your consents online.

Advice and information about building a tiny house in Lower Hutt.

Constructing, altering, demolishing or removing a building? You might require a building consent.

Find a list of recently issued building and resource consents

Improve a building’s ability to withstand the effects of earthquakes – and the safety of those in and around it.

Check out the fees that apply to building and resource consents.

Get free advice on how to make your house warm, dry, healthy and energy efficient - and save money too!

We are required to prepare a District Plan under the Resource Management Act 1991.

Landlords – insulate yourselves from worry.

Request an inspection, see our Eco Design advisor or register for an assessment of your home's earthquake resistance.

Planning to put a pool on your property? Find out about safety barriers, pool inspections and how and when they need to happen.

When managed correctly, construction and demolition (C&D) waste can be recovered and re-used.

If your project's likely to affect the environment, you may need a resource consent.

These links and resources can help you with preparing and applying for a building or resource consent.

We're subject to the same building legislation we're tasked with implementing in our community.

Do It Here
Contact us
30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
Standard Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
Private Bag 31-912, Lower Hutt, 5040
+64 4 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY