No money is required up front. We'll send you an invoice once we've completed our initial check.
If you have any issues accessing the forms, there are some handy browser tips to guide you through.
Please ensure that you read our privacy statement before applying online.
Before you start you might want to take a look at our Fee Calculator - it's designed to help you plan your project by estimating your initial Building Consent fees.
Once you have all relevant forms completed and saved you can apply online.
To apply for a building consent:
- Read our section on applying for a building consent
- Download and complete the relevant forms and save a copy:
- Application for Building consent
- Commercial checklist (PDF 110.0 KB)
- LBP Certificate of Design Work
- LBP Record of Building Work (PDF 810.9 KB)
- Residential checklist (PDF 104.1 KB)
- Free Standing Woodburner Installed (PDF 357.4 KB)
- Inbuilt Woodburner Installed (PDF 362 KB)
- Woodburner checklist (PDF 62.3 KB)
- Authorised Woodburners
- Advice of Licensed Building Practitioner (PDF 516.5 KB)
- Amendment to a Building consent
- Application for Extension of Time for a Building Consent (PDF 204 KB)
- Notice of Change to Builder
- Statutory Declaration of Owner/Builder
- Make sure you have all relevant forms saved and then apply online.
Code Compliance Certificate
Amendment to building consent
Certificate of Acceptance
Find out more about certificates of acceptance
Certificate for Public Use
Extension of Time for Building Consent
Find out how long a building consent lasts
Application for extension of time for a building consent (PDF 204 KB)
Application for Exemption from Building Consent
Find out more about when you don't need building consent
Certificate of Use
Owner Supplied Property Information
Owner Supplied Property Information form (PDF 720.1 KB)
Find out more about applying for a resource consent online
Permitted boundary activity
Find out if you need a resource consent.
Section 223/224 RMA Certification
Find out what happens once you have subdivision consent.
Application for Outline Plan form (PDF 935.6 KB)
We're proud to be part of the Simpli project, a partnership between central and local government working towards improving performance, consistency and service delivery, including standardised forms, across the building consent system.