You’ll need a building consent if you’re planning to demolish a building that is:
- attached to another one, or
- more than three storeys high.
You’ll also need to comply with a number of hazard-management and other requirements, including repairing any damaged berms and public footpaths – so get in touch before you apply for a consent. We’ll also let you know whether you need a resource consent for the work.
Ready to apply?
When you apply for a building consent, you’ll need to provide:
- a completed application form (PDF 511 kb)
- a site plan identifying the building to be demolished
- a drainage plan showing where existing services will be capped
- the site management plan (also known as the demolition plan).