To check if an exemption applies, please get in touch with MBIE.
For further information or clarification, please get in touch – we can advise you on the details and what to do next.
Ready to apply?
If you do need to apply for a building consent, you’ll need to provide:
- a completed application form (PDF 511 kb)
- a completed checklist (PDF 76 kb)
- a plan showing how the sign is to be secured
- details of the waterproofing if you’re going to attach the sign to a roof or exterior cladding
- a copy of your property’s Certificate of Title or a signed statement from you that you’re happy for the work to go ahead.