A Certificate of Acceptance is a statement from us that part or all of a building project complies with the New Zealand Building Code.
You could require a Certificate of Acceptance if:
- you or a previous owner has completed building work that would have required a building consent but doesn’t have one
- an independent ‘building consent authority’ (not the Council) can’t or refuses to issue a Code Compliance Certificate for work that had a building consent
- the work was done urgently.
Note that your Certificate of Acceptance will be based on the Building Code at the time you apply, not the code that applied when the building consent was granted or should have been applied for, or when the work was actually carried out.
Before you apply, please get in touch – we can let you know whether you also need to apply for a resource consent.
Ready to apply?
You need to send to us:
- a completed application form (PDF 300 kb).
- a completed checklist (PDF 105 kb)
- plans, specifications and other supporting documents.