A Project Information Memorandum (PIM) is a report issued by us that contains:
- information that we know about your property
- details on the authorisations you’ll need to get and issues you’ll need to consider and deal with for your building consent application.
You can apply for a PIM either before, or as part of, your application for a building consent. However, please get in touch first – we’ll talk through your project and let you know if you also need a resource consent.
The information covered by a PIM includes:
- potential inundation and flood risk
- the building’s heritage status
- identified cut and filled land
- the site’s wind zone
- the possible presence of hazardous contaminants
- stormwater and wastewater systems
- resource consents and other authorisations that may be required
- the need for an evacuation scheme (where applicable)
- site vehicular access restrictions during construction work
- any notification that you can’t do building work because some necessary authorisation has been refused (despite a building consent having been issued)
- confirmation that you can do the building work subject to the requirements of any building consent or resource consent or your obtaining any other necessary authorisations.
Ready to apply?
When you apply for a PIM, you’ll need to provide:
Contact us at 04 570 6884 if you have any questions.