About the project
This project involves:
- constructing a mixture of villas (self-contained units), self-contained apartments, serviced apartments, care rooms and memory care rooms, contained in a range of buildings
- associated earthworks, installation of services and an internal roading network
- removal of potentially contaminated soil
- construction in six stages over a period of up to five years.
Direct referral request and decision
Public consultation on the resource consent application closed on Tuesday 14 August 2018. 174 written submissions were received with 134 opposing, 39 supporting and one neutral.
On 21 August 2018 the applicant requested that the application for resource consent be directly referred to the Environment Court. This request was accepted and the hearing was held from 17-19 June 2019.
The Environment Court issued a decision on 19 October 2020 for Summerset to build a retirement village at 32A Hathaway Avenue, Boulcott.
Community Liaison Group (CLG)
The CLG for the Summerset Retirement Village is held every 6 months or earlier if needed. As per Condition 61 of the resource consent, the membership is made up of:
- Summerset representatives
- 2 local residents
- 1 Boulcott Primary School representative
- 1 Boulcott Kindergarten representative, and
- Hutt City Council.
The function of the group shall be to provide communication between the community, the consent holder and Hutt City Council on issues ariing from the construction and operation of the retirement village and to have the opportunity to provide input into all management plans for the site.
Minutes of the CLG meetings are available in the Summerset Documentation Folder.
View the Summerset Documentation Folder for:
- Final decision and approved plans
- Compliance Information
- Approved Management Plans
- CLG Meeting Minutes.