If your application is non-notified, the law requires us to issue our decision within 20 working days, as long as we have all the information we need. However, if you’d like us to fast-track our decision, you can ask about our fast-track option, allowing us to issue it:
- within 10 days for twice the normal fee
- within five days for three times the normal fee.
Note that conditions apply and we accept applications on a case-by-case basis.
Limited or fully notified applications
If your application is limited notified or fully notified the process may take three months or more, particularly if we receive submissions and a hearing is required.
When your approval could be delayed
If we have to ask you for more information, we’ll put your application on hold until it arrives. Unfortunately that will mean the application process is delayed – so it pays to provide us with all the detail we need right from the start.
Delays can also happen when:
- you'll need other consents for your proposed activity
- your proposed activity is significant and complex
- we can’t reach agreement with you on the conditions of your resource consent and you're then required to do extra consultation.