What's a resource consent?

A resource consent is just what it says it is – approval for you to use a ‘resource’ such as land. You'll need one if you're planning to subdivide land or undertake any activity on a site that doesn't comply with the rules and standards of our District Plan.
Do It Here
Contact us
30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
Standard Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
Private Bag 31-912, Lower Hutt, 5040
+64 4 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY