If you’d like help with any of these steps, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can discuss your project and the resource consent requirements, check whether you need building consent, and guide you through the application process.
Step 1: Complete and sign the relevant documents
Check that you have:
- completed all the required documents and checklists accurately and in full
- signed and dated the documents where required
- gathered together any other required forms, plans, specifications and supporting documents.
Step 2: Sort the documents into four groups
The four groups are:
- application documents
- specification documents
- supporting documents.
The main application-related documents that you’ll need to provide are:
The plans you send could include:
- architectural plans
- earthworks plans
- mechanical plans
- landscaping plans.
Please make sure that all plans are provided in landscape format and are no larger than A1 in size.
Specification documents include any relevant specifications for your activity.
These are documents that support your application and are not covered by the other categories. They include:
Step 3: Convert the documents to PDFs
- Scan hard copy documents to PDF format.
- Use a resolution of at least 300dpi.
- Ensure that the PDF files aren’t locked or password protected.
- Sort the files into folders with the four headings: Application, Plans, Specifications and Supporting Documents. Create sub-folders as required.
Please don’t zip your files - our online portal can accept large files.
Note you’ll need to have Java installed to upload the folders and their contents.
Step 4: Lodge the application
- Submit your application online. Use Chrome or Firefox internet browsers.
- Complete the required fields – your email address, the property address and the subject line (‘Resource consent’).
- Attach the documents or folders you’ve prepared.
- In the message box, let us know how you’d like to receive your building consent documents. Either:
Once you have completed the above steps send the email by clicking ‘Send’ button.