We accept funding applications at any time of the year.
What we fund
- specialist advice including heritage, conservation, architectural, and structural
- conservation plans
- building and resource consent fees
- emergency building work
- seismic strengthening work
- conservation and restoration building work
Note: we can subsidise up to half the value of the above items.
What we don't fund
- building administrative costs such as electricity, rates or insurance
- organisational costs such as salaries and wages
- events and activities
- booklets and publications
- we reserve funding for buildings or structures that have documented or demonstrable heritage value to the city
- we prioritise projects that have a public profile, that can be accessed by the public, are publicly visible, or that bring some other benefit to the public
- we may require you to make a covenant or meet certain funding conditions
- please verify ownership of the building
- funding is limited and we allocate it on a first come, first served basis
Make an application
Built Heritage Incentive Fund Application Guideline (PDF 47 kb)
Built Heritage Incentive Fund Application Form (PDF 100 kb)
If you haven't already viewed it then see our Frequently Asked Questions.
T: 04 570 7426