Before you apply
- read all the background information and criteria?
- made sure your project is eligible for funding?
- included the relevant supporting documentation?
- observed the deadline?
- Application checklist
Apply for heritage funding
Apply for Heritage funding online
To apply you’ll need to:
- Complete your application through the online system
- Attach a letter of community support for your organisation. This must be from someone not involved or connected in any way to your organisation. The letter should be signed, dated and less than six months old.
- Have or be working towards legal status, or be working under an umbrella organisation with legal status.
Applying for salaries
Only organisations with legal status can apply for salary funding. If you’re applying for funds for salaries you’ll need to include:
- A current job description, signed, dated and less than two years old, or a proposed job description
- A current employment contract that's signed, dated and less than two years old
What happens once I've applied?
Our Community Grants Committee will assess and make decisions on applications to the Heritage Fund. It will take about 6-8 weeks to assess your application.
The Committee will consider the following when assessing applications:
- Whether the application complies with the criteria and purposes of the Heritage Fund
- Whether the organisation or individual contributes to the outcomes in Lower Hutt
- Compatibility with community outcomes in our Long Term Council Community Plan (LTCCP)
- Level of compliance with any previous grant from Council
- Whether the organisation or individual can successfully deliver the service, demonstrated by:
- the adequacy of the organisation's structures,
- financial and management practices
- previous track record for services or projects.
- The organisation’s or individual’s compliance with all relevant legislative requirements.
More information and help with applying
If you need help with applying or if you need more information, please email email@example.com.