Things to consider before you apply
- read all the background information and criteria?
- made sure your project is eligible for funding?
- included the relevant supporting documentation?
- observed the deadline?
To make an application you’ll need to:
- complete your application through the online system
- attach a letter of community support for your organisation, from someone not involved or connected in any way to your organisation. The letter should be signed, dated and less than six months old.
- have legal status, be working under an umbrella organisation with legal status or be actively working towards legal status
What if I’m applying for salaries?
If you’re applying for funds for salaries (organisations with legal status only), you’ll need to include:
- A current job description, signed, dated and less than two years old, or a proposed job description
- A current employment contract that's signed, dated and less than two years old
Make an application
You can only apply for Heritage funding online.
For help with applications or if you need more information, please get in touch or email email@example.com.
Assessment of your application
Our Community Grants Committee will assess and make decisions on applications to the Heritage Fund.
They'll take the following into consideration when assessing applications:
- Whether the application complies with the criteria and purposes of the Heritage Fund
- Whether the organisation or individual contributes to the outcomes in the Hutt
- Compatibility with community outcomes in our Long Term Council Community Plan (LTCCP)
- The level of compliance with any previous grant from Council
- Whether the organisation or individual can successfully deliver the service (demonstrated by the adequacy of the organisation's structures, its financial and management practices and previous track record for services or projects)
- The organisation’s or individual’s compliance with all relevant legislative requirements
How long will the decision process take?
It takes approximately six to eight weeks to assess your application.