Please refer to our Funding Calendar to find out when the next round will be.
Our funding is intended to cover your operating costs. Funding amounts range from $500 to $10,000.
The purpose of this fund is to contribute to the creative life of the Hutt Valley, its residents and visitors by supporting:
- the provision of a diverse range of quality arts activities and events that are easily accessed by residents and visitors
- opportunities to increase community participation in arts and cultural activities
- opportunities to grow audiences for the arts and cultural activities
What we fund
We administer grants of between $500 and $10,000 to help you cover operational and administration costs.
- purchasing office equipment
- marketing materials (flyers, posters, advertisements)
- fees for tutors or visiting artists
- employee salaries
- telephone, power and rental bills
- volunteer expenses
What we don't fund
- organisations that already get operational funding from any other Council source (excluding rates rebates)
- organisations, such as schools and kindergartens, that receive significant government funding
- organisations that plan to give funds to other people at their own discretion
- expenses already incurred
- paying off debts
- land, building, renovation or maintenance costs
If you are successful you need to follow these rules:
- use our funds only for the approved purpose, in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use the funds within 10 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that might compromise the service or project
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- we have the right to audit how the funds were used
- be available to present your completed project to our representatives
- recognise our support in your publicity material, annual reports and similar publications
- you'll need to complete an accountability report within an agreed timeframe. This outlines how the funds were used and how the community benefited
- have legal status as charitable trusts or incorporated societies authorised to receive or administer charitable funding
- be based in Lower Hutt
- provide services that are accessible to a wide range of people or have a clearly defined target group
Make an application
You can only apply for funding online.
Funding allocations for this year
View the organisations that received funding (PDF 29.3 KB) this year.
If you haven't already viewed it then see our Frequently Asked Questions.