Please refer to our Funding Calendar to find out when the next round will be.
Our funding is intended to cover your operating costs. Funding amounts range from $500 to $10,000.
The purpose of this fund is to contribute to the creative life of the Hutt Valley, its residents and visitors by supporting:
- the provision of a diverse range of quality arts activities and events that are easily accessed by residents and visitors
- opportunities to increase community participation in arts and cultural activities
- opportunities to grow audiences for the arts and cultural activities
What we fund
We administer grants of between $500 and $10,000 to help you cover operational and administration costs.
- purchasing office equipment
- marketing materials (flyers, posters, advertisements)
- fees for tutors or visiting artists
- employee salaries
- telephone, power and rental bills
- volunteer expenses
What we don't fund
- organisations that already get operational funding from any other Council source (excluding rates rebates)
- organisations, such as schools and kindergartens, that receive significant government funding
- organisations that plan to give funds to other people at their own discretion
- expenses already incurred
- paying off debts
- land, building, renovation or maintenance costs
If you are successful you need to follow these rules:
- use our funds only for the approved purpose, in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use the funds within 10 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that might compromise the service or project
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- we have the right to audit how the funds were used
- be available to present your completed project to our representatives
- recognise our support in your publicity material, annual reports and similar publications
- you'll need to complete an accountability report within an agreed timeframe. This outlines how the funds were used and how the community benefited
- have legal status as charitable trusts or incorporated societies authorised to receive or administer charitable funding
- be based in Lower Hutt
- provide services that are accessible to a wide range of people or have a clearly defined target group
Make an application
You can only apply for funding online.
Funding allocations for 2016
View the organisations that received funding for this year.