Please refer to our Funding Calendar to find out when the next round will take place.
What we fund
This fund supports projects that:
- promote and encourage heritage conservation in Lower Hutt through the use of advocacy and education
- involve local heritage celebrations
- involve producing publications about local history, including about particular sites, buildings, people or events
- further develop Council's heritage policy
- will be able to deliver promised outcomes and meet accountability rules
NOTE: We may consider paying for salaries that last only for the duration of the project.
What we will not fund
- services or projects that primarily focus on recreation or sports activities
- buying land or buildings, or altering buildings (refer to Council’s Built Heritage Incentive Fund Application Guideline for improvements to heritage-listed buildings)
- organisations, such as schools and kindergartens, that receive significant funding from the government
- organisations that plan to redistribute funds to others at their discretion
- repaying debts or financing loans
- vehicles or overseas travel
- capital investments or trust funds
Successful applicants must:
- use funds only for the approved purpose and in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use funds within 10 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that may compromise the service or project
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- allow an audit on the use of the funds if we decide to undertake one
- recognise our support in all publicity material, annual reports and similar publications
- complete an Accountability Report outlining how the funds were used and the benefit to the community no later than six weeks after receiving the funds
Make an application
Make an application for funding online.
Funding allocations for 2016-17
View the organisations that received funding for this year.