What Hutt City Council will look for:
- Clearly making a difference
- Collaborative approaches
- Well managed organisations
- Innovative approaches
- Community ownership
Please refer to the Funding Calendar to find out when the next round will be.
Who is it for and how big is the fund?
This fund is for new ideas you'd like to try.
This is a small fund and is likely to provide $30,000 to $50,000 per year.
How much can I apply for?
It depends on your idea. It could be a small grant for a grass roots local initiative. Or if you have a big new idea you could consider applying for the total amount of money in the fund, although of course that would mean that if your idea is funded then others would miss out. Anything will be considered; we look for costs that are fair and reasonable for the idea you propose.
How long is the funding for?
The Kākano fund provides funding for one year only. You are welcome to apply each year but not for the same initiative because this fund is for new ideas only.
When and how do I apply?
There will be one funding round per annum. Applications will open in July with decisions made in August.
The applications process will be quick and simple via an online application form.
What is the decision and reporting process?
Funding decisions will be made by Council officers.
We will bring all recipients of the Kākano fund together at a specified date so that you can report on the results of your idea in person to us and to your peers.
Successful applicants must:
- use our funds only for the approved purpose, in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use the funds within 10 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that might compromise the service or project
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- we have the right to audit how the funds were used
- be available to present your completed project to our representatives
- recognise our support in your publicity material, annual reports and similar publications
Make an application
Make an application for funding online.
Successful Kākano Fund applicants 2018-19 (PDF 95.8 KB)
If you haven't already viewed it then see our Frequently Asked Questions.