This is for projects that help to preserve and enrich the city’s heritage.
What Hutt City Council will look for:
- Clearly Making a difference
- Collaborative approaches
- Well managed organisations
- Innovative approaches
- Community ownership
Please refer to our Funding Calendar to find out when the next round will take place.
Who is it for and how do I apply?
If your initiative is a strong fit to our vision and is beginning to show good results, apply here. The application process will be via a clear and easy online application form. You are welcome to phone us for advice on your funding application.
How long is the funding for and how big is the fund?
One or two years.
Initially approximately $100,000 and over time growing to approximately $250,000 per year.
How much can I apply and when can I apply?
There is no limit to the amount you can apply for other than the total size of the fund. However we would generally expect most grants to be medium sized, eg between $5,000 and $35,000 per year.
There will be one funding round per annum. Any organisations declined under the Mahia Atu Partnership fund will be advised and offered to apply to the Mahia Atu Community fund.
What is the decision and reporting process?
Funding decisions will be made by a committee including both Hutt City Councillors and Hutt City Council officers.
We will bring all recipients of Ma-hia Atu fund together at a specified date so that you can report the results of your initiative in person to us and to your peers.
Successful applicants must:
- use funds only for the approved purpose and in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use funds within 10 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that may compromise the service or project
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- allow an audit on the use of the funds if we decide to undertake one
- recognise our support in all publicity material, annual reports and similar publications
Make an application
Make an application for funding online.
If you haven't already viewed it then see our Frequently Asked Questions.