What Hutt City Council will look for:
- Clearly making a difference
- Collaborative approaches
- Well managed organisations
- Innovative approaches
- Community ownership
Please refer to our Funding Calendar to find out when the next round will take place.
Who is it for and how do I apply?
If your initiative is a strong fit to our vision, can demonstrate outstanding results and strong collaboration, apply here. We suggest that you call us before applying here so we can give you a steer on how this funding works. The application form is the same as Mahia Atu Community funding but includes quite a few additional questions.
How long is the funding for and how big is the fund?
Three to five years. During this time you will also receive support and partnership from Hutt City Council to help your initiative grow.
Initially the funding is approximately $300,000 and over time will grow to approximately $500,000 per year. During intervening years there may not be any funds available to allocate, depending on the level of pre-committed multi-year funding.
How much can I apply for and when can I apply?
There is no limit to the amount you can apply for other than the size of the fund.
We would generally expect most grants to be larger than $40,000 per year.
There will be one funding round per annum. Any organisations declined under the Mahia Atu Partnership fund will be advised and offered to apply to the Mahia Atu Community Fund.
What is the decision and reporting process?
Funding decisions will be made by a committee including both Hutt City Councillors and Hutt City Council officers. We will bring all recipients of Mahia Atu Partnership fund together at a specified date so that you can report the results of your initiative in person to us and to your peers. Some additional reporting may be required.
Successful applicants must:
- use funds only for the approved purpose and in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use funds within 12 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that may compromise the service or project
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- allow an audit on the use of the funds if we decide to undertake one
- recognise our support in all publicity material, annual reports and similar publications
Make an application
Make an application for funding online.
Successful Māhia Atu Partnership Fund Applicants 2018-19 (PDF 75.3 KB)
If you haven't already viewed it then see our Frequently Asked Questions.