Community Funding Panels
Council has established four community funding panels in the Central, Eastern, Northern and Western ward communities.
Find more information about the Community Funding Panels.
Funding available and How decisions are made
This is a non-contestable fund. Each Community Funding Panel has $114,000 per triennium to allocate. Funds need to be allocated on community assets by the end of July 2022.
Each Community Funding Panel deceides what projects to support within their ward and will agree on a process for how to find out what community assets should be supported.
Approval of spending must be by resolution of each Panel at a formal meeting of the Panel and with pre-approal from Council's Corporate Leadership Team.
Guidelines and Criteria for Local Community Projects Fund
- To be used to fund one or more local community projects per triennium.
- Each panel will agree and determine a process for determining how projects will be identified, and how funding decisions will be made.
- Projects are to deelop community assets that are not able to be funded in Council's Long Term Plan and/or Annual Plan.
- Community assets include, but are not limited to: playgrounds, street furniture, public art, tree planting, lighing, safety improvements, way finding, signage, improvements to existing public places and facilities. These community assests should be in public spaces.
- The development of new assets needs to be in accordance with Council strategies, policies, and plans.
- Projects must be supported by officers if there are on-going maintenance or other costs post-completion.
- Where on-going maintenance and/or other costs are required after completion these need to be provided for. This may be by way of formal agreement with the relelvant division of Council.
- A report must be submitted at the end of each financial year to Council detailing expediture over the year.
Community Projects Fund supported projects
Community Projects Fund supported projects 2018-2020
If you have any ideas be sure to get in contact with one of the panel members within your ward. For additional information regarding Council's funding contact firstname.lastname@example.org