We're looking for projects that:
- are clearly making a difference
- use collaborative approaches
- are from well managed organisations
- use innovative approaches
- have community ownership.
To find out when the next round will take place, see our Funding Calendar.
Who is it for and how do I apply?
If your initiative fits our vision and is showing good results you can apply online.
The application process is clear and easy. If you need advice on your application, get in touch.
How long is the funding for and how big is the fund?
The funding is for one year, and there is a total of $633,000 available.
How much can I apply for?
There is no limit to the amount you can apply for, other than the total size of the fund.
We expect that most successful applicants will receive between $35,000 and $50,000 per year.
What is the decision making and reporting process?
Funding decisions are made by a committee made up of Councillors and Hutt City Council officers.
Once a year, we bring all recipients of the Mauri Ora Fund together so you can report on the results of the initiative in person to us and your peers.
Successful applicants must:
- use funds only for the approved purpose and in accordance with any terms and conditions we've set
- use funds within 10 months of receiving approval
- let us know at once if any difficulty or potential difficulty arises that may compromise the service or project
- lay a complaint with Police if any funds are stolen or misappropriated, and then notify us
- allow an audit on the use of the funds if we decide to undertake one
- recognise our support in all publicity material, annual reports and similar publications
Apply for funding
You can apply for funding online.