Alcohol licences

If you’re selling and supplying alcohol to the public you will need a licence.

Manager's Certificate

You'll need this certificate if you intend to manage any licensed premises such as a bar, supermarket, hotel, tavern or a club.

Alcohol Licence appointment form

Please complete our online booking form and make an appointment to see one of our Licensing Inspectors.

Applying for special licences

You need to apply for a special licence if you're planning to sell and supply alcohol in a one-off event or a series of events.

Decisions of the Lower Hutt District Licensing Committee

Check the list of decisions made on applications submitted under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.

On-, Off- and Club licence

If you’re selling alcohol to the public you’ll need a licence to do it. Here you will find information about applying for On-, Off- and Club licences.

Temporary Authority to operate an alcohol licence

When a new owner purchases licensed premises such as a restaurant or bar, the existing licence is not transferable.

Variation of existing licence

If you need to change the conditions on your existing licence, you'll need to apply for a variation.

Fees and charges

Our fees framework for determining cost/risk rating

Do It Here
Contact Us
30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Private Bag 31-912, Lower Hutt, 5040
+64 4 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY