Applications Offline

Premises registration and licences

Some businesses serving the public may need to register with us to operate.

Amusement devices

If you're planning to operate an amusement device such as a ferris wheel, you'll need to get a permit from us.

Camping grounds

If you're planning to open a camping ground or are purchasing an existing camping ground you'll need to register with us.

Hairdresser salons

If you're planning to open a new hairdressing salon or take over an existing salon you need to register with us. You'll need to renew your registration annually.

Mortuaries and/or funeral directors

If you have an existing mortuary/funeral director business, or plan to start up a new business, you need to register with us.

Offensive trades

These businesses include refuse collection, medical/sanitary disposal and wheelie rubbish bin services.

Street entertainment

If you're planning to be a street musician or busker, you need to get a permit from us and follow Council's guidelines.

Fees and charges

Fees and charges for premise registration and licences.

Do It Here
Contact Us
30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
Standard Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Private Bag 31-912, Lower Hutt, 5040
+64 4 570 6666 | 0800 HUTT CITY