Before you apply
Before you apply for a permit, you need to make sure you have a correct Certificate of Registration from WorkSafe.
For new premises: check if the premises are consented
If you're applying for permanent use of an amusement device in a new premises, you'll need to contact our resource consents team to ensure the business you are proposing is permitted in the location. There may be special requirements like set operating hours or car parking provisions.
Check if your planned structural or plumbing changes require inspection – for new and existing premises
If you're applying for permanent use of an amusement device in new or existing premises, you'll need to contact our building consents team if you're planning to make structural changes or intending to change how the building is used.
How to apply
While you prepare your application, you'll need to speak to us about your requirements - get in touch with us.
When you're ready to apply:
- Fill in one of the following forms:
- One-off use of amusement device application form (PDF 128 kb)
- Permanent use of amusement device application form (PDF 309 kb)
- Get the following ready to submit with your application form:
- The device's current Certificate of Registration from WorkSafe
- The appropriate fee for your application. See our fees and charges page.
- Email your completed application form to email@example.com along with any relevant attachments.
- Once we've processed your application, a Certificate of Registration valid for one year will be sent to you.
How long will it take?
Please ask us how long it's likely to take to process your application, as this can vary depending on your situation and requirements.
How much does it cost?
Costs vary between different types of registration. Check our costs on the fees and charges page.
We levy an establishment fee for new premises because setting up new premises involves more inspection visits.
Renewing an amusement device permit
To renew your existing permanent amusement device permit:
- Each year we'll send you a filled-out invoice and application form.
- Please make any changes necessary to the application form and sign it.
- Send it to us with the appropriate fee.
- We'll send you your new permit once we receive your application form and fee.
Note: Your registration with WorkSafe is valid for two years and you need to keep the Certificate up to date. Renewing your WorkSafe registration is a separate process to renewing your Amusement Device Permit through Council.