Before you apply
Before you apply for registration, you need to make sure you have:
- a correct resource consent and,
- a building consent for your business.
Depending on your requirements, we many need to inspect the premises before you apply. We recommend getting in touch with us.
Check if the premises are consented (for new premises)
You'll need to contact our resource consents team to ensure that a campground is permitted in the location. There may be special requirements like set operating hours or car parking provisions.
Check if your planned structural or plumbing changes require inspection (for new and existing premises)
You'll need to contact our building consents team if you plan to make structural changes or change how a building is used.
How to apply
While you prepare your application, you'll need to speak to us about your requirements. Please get in touch to talk to us.
Arrange an inspection with us. We will look at: the cleanliness of the premises, refuse storage and disposal, lighting, water supply, ablution and sanitary fixtures, cooking places, laundry facilities, and vermin/insect control.
When you're ready apply:
- Fill in the relevant forms:
- New camping ground premises
Application for Registration (PDF 309 kb)
Application for a New Premises Registration (PDF 168 kb)
- Existing camping ground premises
Application for a Transfer of Existing Registration (PDF 168 kb)
- Get the following ready to submit with your application:
- any resource consents you may have received as part of this
- a Code of Compliance Certificate if it applies to you
- the appropriate fee for your application. We will advise you of the correct amount before you apply.
- Email your completed application form to email@example.com along with any relevant attachments.
- Once we've processed your application, we'll send you a Certificate of Registration.
How long will it take?
Please ask us how long it's likely to take to process your application, as this can vary depending on your situation and requirements.
How much does it cost?
Costs will vary between different types of registrations. You can look at our costs on the fees and charges page.
We levy an establishment fee for new premises, because setting up new premises involves more inspection visits.
How to renew an existing registration