Property Enquiry System
You can access our Property Enquiry system online. It'll give you a Property Enquiry Report which will include the street address, land area, current valuation, land valuation, valuation of improvements on your property, total rates (GWRC and HCC) and certificate of title reference. It will also include an aerial photo of your property showing the services (water, sewer and stormwater) as well as easements and encroachments where applicable.
Drainage plan search
Council holds private drainage plans for most properties in the city.
Drainage plans can assist you or your registered drain-layer if you want to identify where the drains on a particular property run. At this time we charge no fees for drainage plans.
It's important for you to check with Council in case you need consent before you start any drainage work.
This provides a list of building permits and consents that have been issued for a property. It may include:
- A site plan
- Approved building plans
- Plumbing and drainage plans
- Foundation/structural details
- Floor plans and elevations
You can search these records yourself at home, on the public computers at our main building, 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt for free.
You can also order a copy of this information in electronic or hard copy format (fees apply):
- by phoning us on 04 570 6666/0800 HUTT CITY
Recently issued consents - you can also check out our lists of recently issued building and resource consents.
Land Information Memorandum (LIM)
A LIM is a document containing all information that we hold about a property.
A LIM includes:
- copies of plans of the house and any alterations/additions
- any Code Compliance Certificates that Council holds
- copies of building consents and resource consents that have been issued
- District Plan information, such as activity areas/zones, protected trees, historic sites, designations and significant archaeological or cultural resource areas
- other land information such as flooding, slipping, erosion and past contamination
- rates information
- whether there has been found to be a weathertight home or an earthquake prone building.
Find out more about LIMs.
Certificate of Title
You can get a copy of a certificate of title from the consents counter at our main building, 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt for $20.00. You can also get a copy of any interests on the title such as a covenant, consent notice, easement or lease.
A current copy of a Certificate of Title for each property is required for all resource consent applications and most building consents (except minor works building consent applications).