Stationary vehicle offences
We need to make sure the cars on our roads – and on the side of our roads – have a current Warrant of Fitness and are where they should be. We issue infringement tickets for the following stationary vehicle offences:
- breaching road user rules and bylaws
- allowing an unlicensed motor vehicle to be on the road
- evidence of vehicle inspection offences (warrants and certificates of fitness)
- using a vehicle that has smooth or damaged tyres
- no marker light on goods vehicles during the hours of darkness
- exceeding the parking time limits for pay and display areas
- failing to display a valid pay and display ticket
How do I pay my parking fine?
It’s easy to pay your parking fine online, and there are also several other payment methods.
You can also pay the fine:
- At any PostShop near you - Locate a NZ PostShop
- By calling us on 04 570 6666 and paying by credit card over the phone
- By visiting Council's main building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
|Overstaying excess time||Charge|
|Not more than 30 minutes
|More than 30 minutes but less than 1 hour
|More than 1 hour but less than 2 hours
|More than 2 hours but less than 4 hours
|More than 4 hours but less than 6 hours
|More than 6 hours
Failure to display a valid pay and display ticket will result in a $40.00 charge.
Parking on a mobility car park without displaying a valid mobility pass card will result in a $150 charge.
Writing to us with an explanation
If you need to write to us with an explanation to excuse, or raise an issue regarding your parking ticket that has been issued against you, complete the form below, save it and send it to us by email:
Stationary Vehicle Offence Notice Explanation (PDF fillable 129 kb)