What PayMyPark does
The PayMyPark app lets you pay for your parking and extend your time from your smartphone. No more searching for coins and no need for a ticket on your dashboard.
It can be used for on-street and Council-owned off-street car parks, including Riverbank Car Park. It can't be used for car parking buildings. PayMyPark can be used in several other cities including Wellington.
- Manage your parking by smartphone – no need for a ticket
- Stop-start function allows you to pay only for the parking time you use
- You can receive an alert when your paid parking is about to run out and extend your time remotely, as long as you're still within the maximum time limit
- You can use PayMyPark to use the Riverbank Car Park, without the need for a paper pass
- Businesses can efficiently manage their fleet parking in Lower Hutt with one account for all their vehicles.
How to use PayMyPark
You can set up a PayMyPark account online or make one-off parking payments as a casual user.
If you set up an account and top up your account online, you can either pay for a set period or use the start-stop function to pay only for the exact time you use the parking space. You also keep your fees to a minimum as you only pay when you top up your account.
If you opt to use PayMyPark as a casual user, you pay a fee on each transaction, the same as when you use TXT a Park or pay for a parking ticket by credit card.
You can add more than one vehicle to your account but remember to check which one you're paying for each time you pay for parking.
Businesses can set up one account with several vehicle registration numbers to manage fleet parking.
Using the app
- Download the free app from the iTunes Apple Store or Google Play
- Register your details
- We suggest you pre-load credit via a credit card, debit card or internet banking to minimise fees.
Council does not receive the transaction fees. They are collected by the banks and the app provider. All usual parking charges, times and conditions apply. Check the street signs near your car park for time limits and any other conditions.
Riverbank Car Park
PayMyPark can be used at the Riverbank Car Park. Using PayMyPark, text or credit card will incur transaction fees.
Parking fees are 70 cents an hour, with a $4 maximum daily charge, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
Alternatively, you can buy monthly passes for $62 per month, reduced to $46 for December and January using PayMyPark. The pass applies only to the registrations on your PayMyPark account.
Passes can also be purchased at Council's main building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.