We need to make sure the cars on our roads – and on the side of our roads – are safe to drive and are where they should be.
How do I pay my parking fine?
You can easily pay your parking fine online, or through one of our other payment methods.
You can pay your fine by:
- Going to our infringement payment website. Online payment is available 2 business days after the fine is issued.
- Calling us on 04 570 6666 to pay by credit card over the phone. Phone payment is available 1 business day after the fine is issued.
- Visiting any NZ PostShop near you.
- Visiting our main building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
Stationary vehicle offences
We need to make sure the cars on our roads – and on the side of our roads – have a current Warrant of Fitness (WoF) and are where they should be.
We issue infringement tickets for the following stationary vehicle offences:
- breaching road user rules and bylaws
- allowing an unlicensed motor vehicle to be on the road
- evidence of vehicle inspection offences (WoFs and Certificates of Fitness)
- using a vehicle that has smooth or damaged tyres
- no marker light on goods vehicles during the hours of darkness
- exceeding the parking time limit in a pay by plate area
- failing to pay for a parking session in a pay by plate area.
Our charges for parking over the time limit
|Overstaying excess time||Charge|
|Not more than 30 minutes
|More than 30 minutes but less than 1 hour
|More than 1 hour but less than 2 hours
|More than 2 hours but less than 4 hours
|More than 4 hours but less than 6 hours
|More than 6 hours
Parking without paying or displaying the right pass
Failing to pay for your parking session will mean you get a $40 charge.
Parking on a mobility car park without displaying a valid mobility pass card will mean you get a $150 charge. Be a courteous driver and leave these important spaces for the people who really need them.
Concerned about a vehicle that you think has been abandoned by the side of the road in Lower Hutt? Report a problem or get in touch with us and we can investigate.
Writing to us with an explanation
You can write to us with an explanation to excuse, or raise an issue about a parking ticket that we've issued against you.
Complete the form below, save it and send it to us by email:
Stationary Vehicle Offence Notice Explanation (PDF 129KB)
Fill out the explanation form and give us as much detail as you can. We'll assess your explanation and determine whether your ticket can be waived.