From October we’re upgrading to pay by plate parking meters. The new meters will require you to enter your license plate number and you will no longer receive a paper ticket.
Pay By Plate parking is a paperless system that works by using a vehicle licence plate number rather than a paper ticket. The Hutt City Council parking officers will use licence plates to confirm that your vehicle has a valid parking session.
How to use it
To pay for parking, you enter your vehicle licence plate number and pay for the amount of time you want to park.
- Make sure you’ve entered the correct license plate number and press ‘OK’
- Select payment options:
- If you’re paying with coins, enter your coins until the desired parking time is shown on the screen, press 'OK'.
- If you’re paying with a debit or credit card, select “CREDIT CARD” on the left, select “MORE” or “LESS” until your desired amount of parking time is reached. Then press 'OK'. The display will prompt you to either insert your card or present card to the PayWave reader.
- If you’re paying by text, select “TXT A PARK” on the right, then follow the instructions on screen to compete your session.
- You will not receive a paper ticket, so a ticket does not need to be displayed in your vehicle. The machine will ask you if you would like a receipt, if you select “YES” it will display a four-digit code and the URL for you to download. You can set up your email address to receive all future receipt automatically for your vehicle.
- Once your transaction is complete, the machine returns to the main screen.
- You can re-enter your vehicle licence plate number and machine will display a summary or your parking session.
If the machine is faulty, you must pay for parking at another machine; you can use any machine with the same area code (as you no longer need to return to your vehicle), or you can use PayMyPark to pay.
Ways to pay
You can pay by coins, debit or credit card or by text. Follow the instructions on the meter to pay.
The machine will ask you if you would like a receipt, if you select “YES” it will display a four-digit code and the URL for you to download.
You can choose to register your email address so that all future receipts and transaction details for that vehicle plate number will be sent to your email address. You will need to use a 4-digit receipt code from a parking session when setting this up.
Find out more about parking charges in the CBD
For feedback or to report a problem, please email email@example.com