What you can use the signboards for
If you're organising an event, you can hire our signboards to create awareness of upcoming community events and programmes like:
- arts and culture events
- public conventions and conferences, and
- fundraising events open to the general public.
We'll also consider accepting bookings for events that are taking place in Upper Hutt or Wellington, but are significant to the Wellington Region. Events taking place in Lower Hutt will be prioritised over these.
Sometimes you might see signboards displaying key Hutt City Council messaging for activities such as Long Term Plan engagement or dog registrations. Event bookings will be priotisied over these.
You can't hire the signboards for:
- events that have not been confirmed yet
- appeals or community health messages
- advertising a company, business or product (unless relating to a festival or event such as Wellington On a Plate).
- Ewen Bridge on the corner of Victoria and Railway Avenue Intersection
- Waione Street Bridge, Seaview
- Cambridge Terrace, Naenae
- Kennedy Good Bridge, Avalon Park
Signboards are defined as Side A, which is the traffic direction side of the road and Side B, on the non-traffic direction side of the road. You can hire signboards either individually or as a set (eg. Side A across all four locations).
Book a signboard
To request a booking fill out our signboard booking request form. Once we've received your request, we'll confirm availability and a quote within five working days.
Signboards can be booked for a minimum period of one week and a maximum period of two weeks for one event / programme. This is keeps these signboards current and relevant.
Please get in touch to find out about the availability of the signboards.
Producing the signboards
We produce the signboards for you. You'll need to supply us with your artwork.
Signboard artwork approval is at the discretion of Council.
All signboards are 2.4m wide x 1.2m high and digitally printed on adhesive material which is wrapped over the metal hoardings on the signboard.
Signboards are read primarily by passing motorists. To keep the boards legible, you must keep to the following specifications for any artwork you supply:
- Lettering on the sign can't be smaller than 150mm for the main message and 75mm for any secondary message
- The sign must not resemble a traffic sign or other traffic control device
Signboards run from Monday to Sunday (no less than six days). All signs are changed on a Monday. If the Monday is a public holiday, we'll change the sign on the next working day.
The hire fee per week includes installation and removal costs. All prices are exclusive of GST.
Total price for hiring = weekly hire fee + production costs + GST.
|Number of signboards
||Side A hire per week
||Side A production per booking
||Side B hire per week
||Side B production per booking
|All four signboards
We'll send you an invoice in the month after the signboards have been erected. This must be paid within seven days, unless you've made other arrangements with Council.