When will my recycling be collected?
Recycling is collected on the same day as your rubbish, by Waste Management New Zealand.
Make sure your recycling is on the kerbside by 6am on collection day in a Council recycling bin.
If you're not sure which bin to use or what day your recycling is collected use our web app toogoodtowaste.nz.
Late or missed collections
Sometimes the trucks can get held up, so your recycling may not be collected at exactly the same time each week.
Please complete the bin enquiry form if you think your collection has been missed.
Your recycling bin may not have been picked up if:
What can I put in my yellow recycling bin?
- Cans - aluminium and tin
- Plastic bottles and containers numbered 1, 2 and 5
- Flat cardboard and paper - envelopes, magazines, junk mail, egg cartons, and pizza boxes (you must remove pizza scraps and cheese residue).
Glass goes into your blue recycling crate.
What can't I put in my recycling bin?
Here are some of the things you can't put into your recycling bin:
- Aerosol cans
- Aluminium foil
- Anything smaller than 5 centimetres in diameter including any bottle caps
- Juice cartons, tetrapak and coffee cups (they are lined with plastic)
- Plastic glasses
- Plastic numbered 3, 4, 6 and 7
- Polystyrene and expanded polystyrene
- Pumps or triggers from bottles
- Soft plastics - take this to a soft plastics collection point.
View the full list of what you can and can't recycle.
Where can I get a recycling bin?
Please complete a bin enquiry form to order a new recycling bin if you haven’t received yours.