Hazardous waste is anything that could pose a danger either to people or to the environment.
This includes items like:
- Light bulbs
- Household chemicals
- Agrichemicals and DIY supplies
Please don’t take hazardous waste to the landfill or put it out with your rubbish for collection. Here are some options for getting rid of hazardous waste safely.
- Look out for special collections organised by local organisations
- Approach environmentally friendly retailers – many will accept old equipment and appliances, especially if you agree to buy your new equipment from them
- Go to a Hazmobile collection. We run a collection for household hazardous waste every spring.
- Check out the Recycling/hazardous waste flyer for where to take specific items.