A LIM includes:
- copies of plans of the house and any alterations/additions
- any Code Compliance Certificates that Council holds
- copies of building consents and resource consents that have been issued
- District Plan information, such as activity areas/zones, protected trees, historic sites, designations and significant archaeological or cultural resource areas
- other land information such as flooding, slipping, erosion and past contamination
- rates information
- whether there has been found to be a weathertight home or an earthquake prone building.
Find out more about what a LIM contains (PDF 140 kb).
How much does it cost?
The cost of a LIM depends on things like the property type and how quickly you need it. Find out how much it costs below:
|Residential Property LIM
(deposit: includes 3.5 hrs processing time and disbursements)
|Commercial Property LIM
(deposit: includes 5.5 hrs processing time and disbursements)
|Additional processing (per hour)
|Fast track (Residential only) - processed within five working days
(conditions apply, applications will be accepted on a case-by-case basis)
*$180 per hour of additional processing time will be charged
You can pay for your LIM:
- via secure online payment: credit card or bank account payment available through our website
- in person at Council's Administration building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
How long does a LIM take to arrive?
LIMs are completed within 10 working days after the day of application. However, you can request a five-day turnaround time for an addition fee. Note that conditions apply and applications are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Ready to apply?
You can apply for a LIM:
- online – just enter your address and pay the fee by credit card, bank card or bank account payment. (Please check that you have the right property, and if you’re unsure you can contact us.)
- by completing a LIM application form
- by collecting a LIM application form from Council's Administration building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
You can choose to receive your LIM:
- as a PDF by email
- in hard copy by post (the limited postal service means there may be delays)
- by collecting it in person from Council's Administration building at 30 Laings Road, Lower Hutt.