Our Local Governance Statement explains how we do business, and engage with our residents and ratepayers. It outlines how Council makes decisions and shows how you can influence these local democratic processes.
The Local Governance Statement is a requirement of the Local Government Act 2002.
Local Governance Statement
Read our Local Governance Statement (PDF 1.2 Mb)
- What is a Local Governance Statement?
- Council's functions, responsibilities and activities
- Statutes relating to Council
- The electoral system and the opportunity to change it
- Representation arrangements and review of representation
- Elected members' roles and conduct
- Governance arrangements
- Meeting processes
- Relationships with Maori
- Management structure
- Equal employment opportunities policy
- Key approved planning and policy documents
- Public access to Council and its elected members
- Requests for official information.