Cr Chris Milne chairs Council's Finance and Performance Committee and otherwise works in the technology and investment sectors, helping grow manufacturing and software businesses into international markets. He has degrees in law and commerce and has worked mostly in the private sector, in accounting, finance and business development consulting. He has worked for large multinational companies in London, New York and Toronto. Cr Milne has advocated for sound financial management at Council, with careful management of debt and rates. He was an original instigator in 2005 of the very successful strategy to hold rates increases to the rate of inflation.
His prime focus in the current triennium is to improve the city’s economic performance through limited rates increases, Technology Valley, a more flexible and updated District Plan in the Central Business District and through excellence in Council's performance of its regulatory functions.
Chris is enthusiastic about the city’s natural environment and is a keen tennis player, skier, tramper and cyclist. Other interests include ecology and geology and he has a Diploma of Astronomy from the Carter Observatory. He has been treasurer of Maungaraki Tennis Club for over 15 years.
Chris is married to Jan and has three children, all of whom are now working - two lawyers and a nurse.
- City Development Committee
- Finance and Performance Committee (Chair)
- Policy and Regulatory Committee
- Community Services Committee
- District Plan Committee
- Community Plan Committee
- Civic Honours Committee (Alternate)
- Chief Executive’s Employment Subcommittee
- Traffic Subcommittee (Alternate)
- Cycling Steering Group
- Civic Precinct Project Steering Group
- CBD Making Places Task Forc
- Huia Pool Project Control Group
- Hutt Valley Flood Management Subcommittee
- Property Working Group for Advancing Strategic Projects
- Western Community Panel
T: 04 586 3890
M: 027 442 2708