David is an independent councillor and has been on Council for 12 years, for the last nine years he was the City’s Deputy Mayor. David has a strong background in managing and leading organisations both within the private and public sectors.
Prior to being an elected person concentrating on governance roles, he held a number of Chief Executive positions. These organisations included one of New Zealand’s major law firms, a national management consulting firm and a statutory authority. David has served on a number of Boards as a non-executive director including the National provident Fund and the Hutt Valley District Health Board.
- Hutt City Council
- Community and Environment Committee
- Policy, Finance and Strategy Committee
- Long Term Plan/Annual Plan Subcommittee
- Audit and Risk Subcommittee
- Wellington Water Committee (Chair)