Deputy Mayor David Bassett is serving his fourth term on the Hutt City Council, and was elected Deputy Mayor in November 2010.
Deputy Mayor Bassett has a strong background in managing and leading organisations in both the private and local government sectors.
He is passionate about the city and is a ‘Man on a Mission’ to ensure Lower Hutt is a better place to live.
David is married to Yvonne and enjoys following a wide range of sporting codes and the arts.
- City Development Committee (Chair)
- District Plan Subcommittee (Chair)
- Finance and Performance Committee
- Policy and Regulatory Committee
- Community Plan Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Civic Honours Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Chief Executive’s Employment Subcommittee (Deputy Chair)
- Arts and Culture Subcommittee
- Temporary Road Closures Subcommittee (Chair)
- Hutt Valley Services Committee
- Traffic Subcommittee (Alternate)
- CBD Making Places Task Force
- Central Community Panel
- Civic Precinct Project Steering Group (Chair)
- Cycling Steering Grou
- Huia Pool Project Control Group
- Hutt Valley Lawn Tennis and Squash Trustees
- Hutt Valley Flood Management Subcommittee (GWRC)
- Light Box Selection Panel
- Property Working Group for Advancing Strategic Projects
- Wellington Water Committee (Chair)
T: 04 566 4929
M: 021 135 9391