Councillor Gwen McDonald has successfully worked with all the communities that make up the Northern Ward and has been the voice of those residents at the Council table.
Gwen has an outstanding record in solving resident’s problems/issues. She strongly advocated for the construction of the new addition to the Walter Nash Centre, which opened in October 2015, and the new Stokes Valley Community Hub which will be completed in late 2017 and will include a new library, recreation areas and Plunket office.
Gwen has lived and worked in the area for 39 years and has a detailed understanding of residents’ needs.
Over the next three years, Gwen will continue to strongly advocate for residents and ensure they live in a safe and healthy environment.
- City Development Committee
- Community Services Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Community Plan Committee
- Civic Honours Committee (Alternate)
- Hutt Valley Services Committee (Deputy Chair 2019)
- Traffic Subcommittee (Alternate)
- Northern Community Panel
- Safe Hutt Valley Governance Group
T: 04 563 7212
M: 027 454 0546